Volunteer with AHWA
AHWA Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts on education and awareness to support the health of the people living in the communities we serve. At AHWA Foundation, we grant you every opportunity to develop your skillsets further, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position. However, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to educate the communities we serve to live healthier lifestyles.
We are looking for a Grant Writer to assist the efforts of the AHWA Foundation. The Grant Coordinator will identify and apply for various grants that meet the organization’s needs, overseeing the grant application process from beginning to end. This could lead to full-time employment and is a great opportunity to be on the ground floor if you want to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- Researches various types of grants available and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Discusses available sources of funding with administrative managers.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other employees, database research, and other fact-finding actions and meetings.
- Drafts and completes grant applications according to application requirements.
- Must maintain a fundraising attitude throughout tenure with AHWA Foundation.
AHWA Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a volunteer position to begin with. This position could convert to a full-time salaried position.
The official Florida-based nonprofit corporation (Registration No. 129901) financial and registration information for AHWA Foundation, may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by visiting their website (https://partnerslgp.com/3nCXRcV) or by calling 1-800-435-7352. Registration does not imply endorsement, recommendation, or approval by the state.